Want to explore differently?
Here, you’ll find insights from our blog, along with resources – from books, talks, interviews, videos or articles from (or with) Wendy – that you may find helpful on your journey.
Choose your adventure in this ever-evolving list of resources:
These resources are curated and chosen for their unique perspectives on systems, cultures, experiences and/or identities.
Notable note: We “vote with our dollars” everyday. If you choose to buy, please show your support for a reimagined economy and purchase at a local Black-owned bookstore or Wendy’s favorite, Loyalty Bookstores, a Black-owned bookstore in Silver Spring, MD which can be chosen if you order through bookshop.org.
- All About Love: New Visions by bell hooks
- Confucius: And the World He Created by Michael Schuman (public library)
- Waking Up White: And Finding Myself in the Story of Race by Debby Irving
- Radical Dharma: Talking Race, Love, and Liberation by Rev. angel Kyodo williams, Lama Rod Owens & Jasmine Syedullah PhD
- My Grandmother’s Hands: Racialized Trauma and the Pathway to Mending Our Hearts and Bodies by Resmaa Menakem
- “where genius grows” (podcast)
- Reimagining Racial Equity
- The Polarities of Eradicating Racism (“not simple” podcast)
- The Will to Change: Men, Masculinity, and Love by bell hooks
- Extra Bold: A feminist, inclusive, anti-racist, nonbinary field guide for graphic designers by Ellen Lupton, Farah Kafei, Jennifer Tobias, John Halstead, Kaleena Sales, Leslie Xia, and Valentina Vergara
- Braiding Sweetgrass: Indigenous Wisdom, Scientific Knowledge, and the Teachings of Plants by Robin Wall Kimmerer
- My Journey to Racial Equity (article)
- Meet my friend, Change. (blog post)
- Pay Close Attention to the Little Things (blog post)
- Life Isn’t Binary: On Being Both, Beyond, and In-Between by Meg-John Barker and Alex Iantaffi
- Quaking of America: An Embodied Guide to Navigating Our Nation’s Upheaval and Racial Reckoning by Resmaa Menakem
- The Culture Map: Breaking Through the Invisible Boundaries of Global Business by Erin Meyer
- Be Water, My Friend: The Teachings of Bruce Lee by Shannon Lee
- Bittersweet: How Sorrow and Longing Make Us Whole by Susan Cain
- Wendy’s Ignite Howard County talk, “Transform an Idea into Reality in 5 Minutes”
- make life less difficult (podcast)
- Emergent Strategy: Shaping Change, Changing Worlds by adrienne maree brown
- Doughnut Economics: Seven Ways to Think Like a 21st-Century Economist by Kate Raworth
- Hospicing Modernity: Facing Humanity’s Wrongs and the Implications for Social Activism by Vanessa Machado de Oliveira
- Girl Decoded: A Scientist’s Quest to Reclaim Our Humanity by Bringing Emotional Intelligence to Technology by Rana el Kaliouby with Carol Colman
Let’s stay in touch…
Sign up for Wendy’s Wisdom here.